Friday 3 August 2012

Ted - A Review

I saw Ted yesterday and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Usually things like this are super hyped up and everyone tells me how hilarious it is, so I don't find it funny as a result.

Luckily for the producers of Ted, fat children being punched in the face and inappropriate jokes about hookers and poo do actually crack me up. However it did fall into the awkward category with scenes that lasted way longer than necessary, but less so than Borat or Bridesmaids so I wouldn't hold it against the film as a whole.

The whole film was well put together, the old British guy voice over making it seem like a Christmas story set the tone just right for the rest of the film. Plus before the bear became Peter Griffin it was super cute. I have mixed feelings about Mila Kunis. Mostly because she looked way too pristine for a film like this, making her seem more like a Megan Fox wannabe, when Kunis is actually a reasonably talented actress (Also had no idea she did the voice for Meg in Family Guy until just now...). Her ridiculous make up having just got out the shower and when she had woken up, combined with her stroppy attitude to Ted made her a really unlikeable character which she's really not supposed to be. You should be able to sympathise with her that her boyfriend was obsessed with his Teddy Bear; but she came across so tarty I just felt she was being unreasonable.

I did enjoy Mark Wahlberg, mostly his very slight Boston accent. It made him better looking because he was a bit more rough around the edges than what you would expect from your average movie star/Mila Kunis's boyfriend type of person.

Overall the film made me laugh out loud, it made me cry and I would definitely watch it again. I give it 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment